Toto Wolff believes Lewis Hamilton does not necessarily need to have a fourth power unit in his car this season.
Why it matters: The Briton has the last allowed power unit installed in his W12.
- Wolff believes that the current power unit is in a good shape.
- The Mercedes team principal admits that they could reevaluate the decision.
What he had to say:
- “No, it’s not an absolute must because we’re still running very comfortably with this power unit.
- “It’s a decision that can be made at any time but, at the moment, we don’t feel it’s necessary.
- “Does that mean we’re not going to take a fourth? No, it doesn’t. We will see how the next races pan out.”