Toto Wolff believes that drivers should not cause incidents intentionally.
- Wolff admits he would have been more aggressive than Lewis Hamilton in the lap 26 incident.
- Mercedes’ team principal hopes championship leaders will avoid collisions in the next races.
What he had to say:
- “Maybe I’m more unsportsmanlike than Lewis… I probably am, because I would have terminated the race there. At least we would have had less engine mileage on the power unit,” Wolff commented.
- “We need to avoid this in the future, taking each other out tactically, because you know you’ve lost the position.
- “It’s very intense and maybe we can find some kind of framework under which we can operate.”