Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen collided during the Italian Grand Prix, resulting in the retirement of both drivers.
- Toto Wolff, Mercedes’ Team Principal, believes Verstappen made a “tactical foul” while trying to stay ahead of Hamilton.
- The Stewards are yet to decide who’s at fault for the incident.
What he had to say:
- “I would say it was a tactical foul. He probably knew that if Lewis stays ahead, that is the race.”
- “It doesn’t look like he was alongside, and then he went over the sausage curbing. If you compare it to what Lewis said at Turn 4 on lap 1, where there was no space left… He was pushed off the track, actually.
- “We had a high-speed crash at Silverstone, we had one car end up on top of Lewis’ head here. Maybe next time we’ll have a high-speed crash and they’ll land on each other.”