Lewis Hamilton is unhappy with how Max Verstappen drove against him at Monza on Sunday.
Why it matters: The championship leaders ended their races prematurely after making a collision halfway through the race.
- Hamilton is disappointed with the slow pit stop, which led to the encounter with Verstappen.
- The Mercedes driver believes that he has left enough space to his opponent, while the Dutchman has not.
What he had to say:
- “The pit-stop was obviously slow, I lost a couple of seconds, [so] Daniel came past and Max was coming,” Hamilton told Sky Sports.
- “I made sure I left a car’s width on the outside for him. I was ahead going into Turn 2 and then, all of a sudden, he was on top of me.
- “He just didn’t want to give way today and he knew that when we were going into [turn 2]. That was going to happen. He knew that going over the curbs, but he wasn’t going to let me turn in.”