Alexander Albon says his responsibilities now focus on his return to Formula 1, and a return to Red Bull is something for the “long-term.”
Why it matters: Albon had raced for Red Bull until the end of the 2020 season, being replaced by Sergio Pérez for 2021.
- Albon will race for Williams during the 2022 season, replacing George Russell who moves to Mercedes.
- The driver said he’d consider coming back to Red Bull, but that in the long-term, as his priorities now lie elsewhere.
- He also commented on his Red Bull ties during his stay at Williams, saying his helmet will most probably be the only thing branded.
What he had to say:
- “A team like Red Bull is a team I’d consider coming back with. At the moment though I’m not really thinking so long-term like that.”
- “Most probably I might have my helmet still Red Bull branded. But that would probably be about it.”