Lando Norris is ready to battle against Max Verstappen in Sprint Qualifying at Monza.
Why it matters: McLaren had a strong qualifying on Friday, finishing 4th and 5th, just behind Max Verstappen.
- Norris believes that McLaren is capable of competing with Red Bull.
- The young Briton wants to take the opportunity in Sprint Qualifying, but will be cautious at the same time.
What he had to say:
- “I think we just need to stay where we are, [but] if we can have an opportunity to maybe overtake Max, because I think we may be a bit closer to him,” he said.
- “Mercedes is a long way down the road, so I don’t feel like we’re really racing them, but we could have a chance to race against the Red Bulls.
- “I’ll still be going for it, I’m trying to get past and go forwards. But again, I’ve got to pick my battles wisely.”