Lewis Hamilton sees Max Verstappen as the favorite for the Italian GP victory.
Why it matters: Verstappen is set to start Sunday’s race from pole position, while Hamilton will only be fourth.
- Hamilton admits Mercedes need to find a way to overtake both Daniel Ricciardo and Lando Norris.
- The Briton emphasizes Red Bull’s constant upgrades
What he had to say:
- “You saw the pace of the Red Bull. I don’t know if he [Verstappen] was quicker than Valtteri but they’re [Red Bull] so fast, and now he’s on pole, so it should be an easy win for him,” he told Sky Sports.
- “We’ve got to try and figure out how we can get by the two McLarens tomorrow and try to limit the damage.
- “I think they’ve got more pace than you think they’ve got… than they’ve had all year. They bring upgrades every week. From what I’m told, there’s only one race they haven’t brought an upgrade. They’re constantly adding performance to the car and they did a great job.”