Daniel Ricciardo is upset after qualifying 5th for Saturday’s Sprint Qualifying race at Monza.
- Ricciardo said his frustration comes from caring for the team, “more than some people think,” he stated.
- The Australian expressed both cars were fast and ready to fight for positions in tomorrow’s Sprint race.
What he said:
- “[McLaren team boss] Andreas [Seidl] is happy, [but] I’m angry,” Ricciardo told Dutch broadcaster Ziggo Sport. “He gave me a fist bump, but I wanted to put my fist through something.”
- “It’s obviously just adrenaline. These are good emotions to have because I care, and I think I still care a lot more than some people think. I want to show it and I will do that this weekend.”
- “But it was good. Both cars were fast, [there was] not much to separate us, and we were very close to Max. We’ll try to gain some spots for tomorrow and put ourselves in a podium fight for Sunday.”