Mattia Binotto thinks Formula 1 should consider using reverse grid for sprint qualifying sessions.
- Binotto believes the reverse grid system will help in the entertainment side of the sport.
- The Ferrari team principal, however, wants to see how all three proposed sprint qualifying races for this year go before judging it.
What he had to say:
- “I like it,” he said regarding reverse grid qualifying. “I like it because I think that for the show and the spectacle it can be of interest.
- Regarding the judgement of the current format, he expressed: “Certainly having the quali on the Friday, having only one hour for the drivers to be prepared for it and entering then into a parc ferme is something which is interesting because it jeopardizes the overall balance of performance between the teams. So I’m in favour, generally speaking.”
- “I’m pretty sure that we can address it in terms of details. There are things that can be improved. But I think those ones again we can [be] open minded to discuss with F1, FIA, the other teams but I think we can do it only when the three races under the full experiment will be concluded.”